KytoCel harnesses the natural properties of chitosan, derived from the shells of crustaceans, to uniquely manage moderately to heavily exuding wounds. KytoCel dressings are highly absorbent, conformable and haemostatic and are composed of natural, biodegradable, chitosan fibres.
Available on Drug Tariff 1st May 2014.
When to use KytoCel:
KytoCel is indicated for the management of moderate to heavily exuding chronic and acute wounds. KytoCel may be used to control minor bleeding in superficial wounds. Under medical supervision KytoCel may be used for the management of the following wounds:
- Pressure sores (Stage II-IV)
- Venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers and leg ulcers
- Cavity wounds
- Donor sites and Graft sites
- Surgical wounds (e.g. post-operative, wounds left to heal by secondary intent)
- Skin abrasions and lacerations
- Superficial and partial thickness burns
- Exudate absorption in oncology wounds (e.g.fungating cutaneous tumours, cutaneous metastases and Kaposi’s sarcomas)
Cover and secure with an appropriate secondary dressing.